Brick Repair & Restoration in Argyle, TX
McFall Masonry & Construction Are Your Brick & Stone Repair Experts in Argyle, TX.
The repairs of brick and stone are often not as critical as they appear. We frequently repair, rather than replace, giving you a cost-effective solution. Simple mortar repairs are often required on newer homes due to the lack of proper mixture of cement and sand. Through time, slight movements of our homes lead to cracking. We are experts in removing mortar and installing correct, rich mortar cleanly so no new residue is left. This is called “re-pointing,” or sometimes “tuck-pointing.” Re-pointing should be considered whenever existing mortar joints are eroded 1/3 inch or more from the face of the masonry, or if the joints are visibly cracked or separated from the masonry units. Re-pointing involves removing the old joint mortar, repairing any damaged masonry and filling the joints with fresh, strength-tested and color-matched mortar. We repair brick, cast stone, concrete, granite, limestone, marble, plaster, sandstone, slate and terra cotta. Masonry restoration is an art - it requires well equipped, well trained, and caring craftsmen to do the job correctly, and that’s where we come in!
Examples of Masonry Repairs and Restorations:
- Brick repair and replacement: We match existing masonry and mortar colors exactly. We will remove all cracked and crumbling mortar joints, as well as cracked brick, and re-point or injection-grout them to ensure that the masonry is completely filled. When we are finished it will be virtually impossible to identify the areas of our masonry brick repair.
- Stone or brick walls at your home may need to be repaired due to a lack of ties attached to their framing.
- Archway repairs are common. We place arches back into position, shore them up, and then restore the arches to their original condition.
- Mailboxes that are leaning usually can be repaired by shoring up & adding more foundation, rather than rebuilding.
- Brick fences can usually be repaired rather than replaced. The usual problem associated with brick fences is their lack of undergirding or reinforcement. These can usually be repaired rather than removed and rebuilt.
Contact us today, for more information about our professional brick repair and restoration services and to schedule an in-home inspection of your brickwork.